Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Great Gifts

God is good. He has blessed all with much. More than we deserve. I was reading in Acts today, and this is what I read (its actually Peter quoting Joel 2.28-29):
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams,
and your young men shall see visions.
29 Even on the male and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit.

What a blessing this is. Knowing that God will pour out his Spirit on my lowly, sinful but redeemed flesh. He not only forgives my sin, but gives me great gifts, I will prophesy, and dream dreams and see visions. Even the lowly people of society, if they turn to Christ, will be blessed with these things.
Lord, I thank you for the gifts you have given believers, may you help us to use them wisely. You are the giver of wisdom and all things good, may we bring glory to your name through them.

No comments: