Friday, November 14, 2008

The Catacombs

Anyone familiar with CBU lore is aware that a mental-health institution used to be on the grounds before it was a university. Let me make clear that this is all hear-say, I have no idea how much is actually true except for the fact that there are catacombs. During that time the said institution built underground catacombs under the campus so that they could transfer patients from one building to another with less risk of them escaping. It is a CBU student ideal to get into the catacombs. There are several entrances to these catacombs. Unfortunately the CBU staff is aware of this, and have made it very difficult for us (putting cameras over the entrances, locking doors, threatening signs over entrances), and probably with good reason. But all the same it just makes us want it more. Very very very few will ever see them, much less get in. Today, I saw. I even took a picture to share with you all. For some mesmerizing reason, the one entrance that everyone knows about (the basement of the James Building) was standing wide open. As much of me wanted to just run inside, and go exploring, I figured if the door is open, then there is someone in there. So instead I found it enough to take a picture to share with you all.
I know it is a terrible picture, but all I had was my cell phone. Those who have wondered what was beyond that door, here you go.
-Chris

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you i've been wondering haha

Mike Lovato said...

It looks like they've cleaned it up a lot down there. When I was a student we took it from under the library and popped up under the old caf. It was a bit freaky.

Anonymous said...

I am a CBU student been down there and it was literally the scariest thing ever! Don't do it, you can get expelled!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Look under the flash or glare next to the wall in looks like a face

Unknown said...

If you want to know more about the catacombs there is alot of information in old Banners, that are in the archives. The hard part is finding the exact issue.
-Courtesy of The Banner News Editor

Anonymous said...

I'm a student here...where are the entrances to the catacombs exactly?